Wednesday, January 27, 2016

20: Edges of Eternity

Therefore, lift up your heads and rejoice, and put your trust in God, in that God who was the God of Abraham, and Isaac, and Jacob; and also that God who brought the children of Israel out of the land of Egypt, and caused that they should walk through the Red Sea on dry ground, and fed them with manna that they might not perish in the wilderness; and many more things did he do for them.


And now, O my son Helaman, behold, thou art in thy youth, and therefore, I beseech of thee that thou wilt hear my words and learn of me; for I do know that whosoever shall put their trust in God shall be supported in their trials, and their troubles, and their afflictions, and shall be lifted up at the last day.


Edges of Eternity


6/06 - 7/17/06

I'm standing blindfolded,
On the edge of eternity,
Hoping my eyes will come to see
The hopes my heart has
Struggles so long to hold onto.

This edge is one of many
Both past and yet to come
And each requires faith in things unknown.

I feel the wind gently pulling me on
As I step from the grasp of what was
And slowly anticipation builds
With the sense of the wonders ahead.

And so I step again
And trust the clouds to be my ground.


A person does not need to go skydiving or bungee jumping or any of the crazy things people do to get an adrenaline rush. Just ask any person on the verge of making a huge change in life on faith. What's more, the more you exercise faith, the more Heavenly Father trusts you to follow His lead and the more He will provide you opportunities to strengthen and grow even more faith. I'd even challenge an adrenaline junky to try to live on faith for a while to see if they're brave enough to handle it. They may just discover life will supply plenty of opportunity on its own.

No comments:

Post a Comment