Wednesday, October 7, 2015

5: Love me, and I will be free

45 Let thy bowels also be full of charity towards all men,and to the household of faith,and let virtue garnish thy thoughts unceasingly;then shall thy confidence wax strong in the presence of God;...
46 The Holy Ghost shall be thy constant companion, …and without compulsory means it shall flow unto thee forever and ever.



Love me, and I will be free

 8/24/05

Speak for me - I have no voice.
Listen to me - hear the words my heart can't speak of yet.
Care about me - let me know it's possible for people to do so.
Pray for me - lend me wings to help me fly.
Search for me - I'm lost on my own.
Stay with me - teach me the things I could not learn.
Love me, and I will learn and grow and become what neither of us supposed.
And I will be free.


Oh, how I wished that this would be understood by others. This is a recipe of needs that, if met, would enable great healing for so many people. Reading it now, it seems to hold the elements of charity and this makes great sense, for who would not find healing when embraced by the pure love of Christ? For me, when there was not anyone around to help me feel that, I held to prayer and scripture study as my life-line. They promised hope. They let me feel not alone.  Indeed, for a time, I imagined the Holy Ghost as my special friend so I would not feel so alone. May we prove more aware of those around us so that others will not have to be alone. In doing so, we will discover that we are no longer alone, either.

No comments:

Post a Comment