Thursday, October 1, 2015

4: The Place Where I Belong

D&C 78:17-20
17 Verily, verily, I say unto you, ye are little children, and ye have not as yet understood how great blessings the Father hath in his own hands and prepared for you;
18 And ye cannot bear all things now; nevertheless, be of good cheer, for I will lead you along. The kingdom is yours and the blessings thereof are yours, and the riches of eternity are yours.
19 And he who receiveth all things with thankfulness shall be made glorious; and the things of this earth shall be added unto him, even an hundred fold, yea, more.
20 Wherefore, do the things which I have commanded you, saith your Redeemer... who prepareth all things before he taketh you;


The Place Where I Belong

8/3/05

I lose myself to the world
In book, in dreams, in thought, in song
The world could care less to be lost of me
For the world is not where I belong.

For so long I have hid from the world's disregard
That I woke and knew not where to turn
Now I find myself in this place on my own
Yet, though alone, here, I know that I belong.

Here I can live by the truth that I seek
Here I can serve, every day, every week
Here I have peace, I have hope, I have song
Here is the place I belong.



There is a feeling of safety and peace and welcome found on temple grounds that has provided strength and security when no other source has been available. These last three poems were all written one evening as I sat on the Ogden Utah Temple grounds since I felt too overwhelmed to face going home. I do not go to the temple every day, and no longer every week, but even when no one else there knows who I am or what I may be struggling with, I and any service I'm able to manage is welcome without second guessing or judging. Indeed, I have often found a sometimes overwhelming amount of care given, perhaps as I am so unused to such attention.

No comments:

Post a Comment