Wednesday, September 23, 2015

3: The Road to Happiness

And he took them up in his arms,
put his hands upon them,
and blessed them.


The Road to Happiness

8/3/05

The path to happiness is not an easy road
There is blistering heat and mind-numbing chills
There is loneliness, defeat, and, at times, despair.

But you can't let claim the victory.

Fight! Stand strong! Move forward!
There are joys amid the pain
Relief from aching heart
Peace defeats distress
Hope in spite of despair
Remember who you are and remember why you're here!

God loves us and He cares.
And we must all travel this road if we are to return to His loving embrace.
For that is where Happiness is.


No matter how low everything has been and felt and appeared, there has always been this voice inside of me that refuses to give up. And even when it seems unfathomable that God could be in the twisted reality seen all around and also ignored all around by those who weren't faced by it, the core of me has always clung to the truth above and that even if I couldn't see it, life was supposed to be good and if I just held on, all things would eventually find correction and resolution and the goodness of life I fought for would be found.

The scriptures have probably done the most in helping me hold onto this core belief. John  5:39 states, "Search the scriptures; for in them you think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me." Not everything will apply at every moment, but if you live well before the Lord, you will find guidance to the things that will help you keep going. For me, that has been encouragement, or promises, or recognition of my own situation. 'Fear not', 'I will be with you', 'My peace I leave with you', and 'every one that hath forsaken houses, or brethren, or sisters or father, or mother… for my name's sake, shall receive an hundredfold, and shall inherit everlasting life.'

No comments:

Post a Comment