Wednesday, September 9, 2015

1: A World Not My Own


And now, verily I say unto you, and what I say unto
one I say unto all, be of good cheer, little children;
for I am in your midst, and I have not forsaken you;


A World Not My Own

~7/30, 10/22/05

I do not belong in this world not my own
Although many insist there's no other
Yet still I can sense it, separate and pure
That world promised me by my Brother.

I cannot achieve it enslaved as I am
To confusions I cannot escape
So often surrounded by anger, disgust
Then something like love do they drape.

I know not what to do, confused as I am
I simply listen and try to obey
And trust that the Lord will help guide me home
Though I seem to forget every day.

Still I walk ever onward as best I know how
And pray that I'm walking aright
That the Lord will continue to guide me each day
And grant both clear mind and clear sight.




It was not until after high school ended that I began to recognize the problems that existed at home. To me, it feels like Heavenly Father made it so I would not understand so that I would be protected while still legally dependent. But even not understanding, it was still rough. I was not happy but I didn't know why, let alone how anything could be done about it. Indeed, I tried to prevent remembering how hard it was by avoiding the keeping of a journal. I did not truly start one until the year after my mother died. When the feelings were more than I could write regularly, they came out in poem form. This amuses me as I've never been all that fond of poetry, but perhaps it makes sense that poets tend to be those processing strong emotion.

No comments:

Post a Comment