Wednesday, September 16, 2015

2: Alone in my Dreams


Then spake Haggai the Lord's messenger
in the Lord's message unto the people,
saying, I am with you, saith the Lord.


Alone in my Dreams

8/3/05

I dream sometimes when I'm alone
Of home, of peace, and, yes, of love
But dreams are not and still I'm here
Seeing, I am unseen
Loving, I'm unloved
Remembering yet forgotten.

I live, and times I'm torn in two
Fighting the urge just to dream
Lost from the home I cannot find
Looking - still lost
Dreaming for hope
Living, I am alone.

And so I dream what life may be
Crying tears no one cares to see
Praying my dreams will come true
Laughing and loving
A home of my own
Never alone again.



In a word, this expresses the isolation felt by one caught in bad situations with no comprehend-able prospect for escape.  It seems not very surprising to me that people in such circumstances turn to ways that are not considered acceptable to fill the void and counter the terror of being so completely without control, be it drugs, gangs, dangerous sexual activity, and other worrisome coping mechanisms.

No comments:

Post a Comment