Wednesday, January 13, 2016

18: Forward


Brethren, shall we not go on in so great a cause? Go forward and not backward. Courage, brethren; and on, on to the victory! Let your hearts rejoice, and be exceedingly glad. Let the earth break forth into singing. Let the dead speak forth anthems of eternal praise to the King Immanuel, who hath ordained, before the world was, that which would enable us to redeem them out of their prison; for the prisoners shall go free.


Forward

4/14/06

Looking forward I must let go
The chains that hold me back
Despite their blindness, live and know
And follow the onward track.

Though pain behind, there's joy ahead
A life lived true to me
(Without their fear or cutting minds)
To seek the best, and be.

Inside I wish things not this way
But that is not my choice
So if time comes that they would hear
Let my life become my voice.

For I must live as life will lead
His will in life to do
Regardless if they understand
To Him I will be true.


To this day, my family still doesn't understand why I have cut contact with them. But rather than constantly trying to get them to see and hear what they have refused all along to do, I figure my time is better spent doing the things that will make me a better person. I cannot alter what they choose to do, think, or feel and I will not waste energy better used on making a difference in the world and to the people around me.

No comments:

Post a Comment