Wednesday, April 20, 2016

30: Free to live

20 But now are they many members, yet but one body.
21 And the eye cannot say unto the hand, I have no need of thee: nor again the head to the feet, I have no need of you.
22 Nay, much more those members of the body, which seem to be more feeble are necessary:
25 That there should be no schism in the body; but that the members should have the same care one for another.

26 And whether one member suffer, all the members suffer with it; or one member be honoured, all the members rejoice with it.


Free to live

12/30/07

This path I entered years ago
Has come at last to end
And now I stand with aching heart
But joy for my lost friend.

I walked the path the Lord bade me
In faith, though strength did fade
But faith proved true and through the end
With honor have I stayed.

So now my path's to be my own
And free I am to live
To walk, and wish, and will, and want
All God's blessing He will give.


It felt like I had lost a friend in leaving family behind. Truth is, it was more an imagined ideal I had hoped for that was lost. Family should love and care about each other; what makes each person special and unique coming together in a unity of love and respect.

It was not so, but I can do all I can to someday build a family like I wished so much mine had been.

No comments:

Post a Comment