Wednesday, June 1, 2016

35: How? When

8 For my thoughts are not your thought,
neither are your ways my ways, saith the Lord.
9 For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
so are my ways higher than your ways,
and my thoughts than your thoughts.

Believe in God; believe that he is, and that he created all things, both in heaven and in earth; believe that he has all wisdom, and all power, both in heaven and in earth; believe that man doth not comprehend all the things which the Lord can comprehend.

For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counselor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, the Prince of Peace.


How? When

6/15/08

To face a fear so long a threat
To not fear the hurt they gave
To break the chains of fear they hold
To breathe free, feel calm, stay safe.

I wish I knew how not to fear
To believe no harm can be done
That the monsters of my past are dead
To believe that threat is gone.

Somehow he must become a face
Not one I've known for years
Somehow the threat must empty out
Somehow lay rest these fears.

They say he cannot hurt me
Though still he yet may try
They say I must just forward face
And leave these fears to die?

How?

But perhaps 'how?' is the wrong question - Better still is 'When'.
<Ralph Marston>


When

             the fears that hold you back
When your reasons to move forward outweigh your excuses for staying put, you will move forward.
When you are ready, life is here to fully live.
Choose it, and now is when.

Ralph Marston


The truth is not worrying so much about the how. The Lord will provide what is needed if we stay in tune with Him. He will also manage the speed. More often than not, in my efforts with the ultimate Counselor (see Isaiah 9:6) He has said 'not yet' more than He has said 'time to move on'. Whatever the timing is, when you are ready, the way will be there.

No comments:

Post a Comment