Wednesday, March 23, 2016

27: The Choice of Jerusalem


And now because of their unbelief
they could not understand the word of God;
and their hearts were hardened.


The Choice of Jerusalem

Summer 07, 1/6/08, 2/1/08

Had I been in Jerusalem
The time The King first came
Would I have mocked, and spurned, and scorned
His Blessed, Holy Name?

Would I have walked in wondering steps
The path that Jesus trod?
Would I have known those steps to mark
The only way to God?

I am not in Jerusalem
But still I have this choice
To stray or fight the truth He speaks
Or heed His Holy Voice.

You, as well, must make your choice
For hope He died to give
To heed or hate, the choice is yours,
His gift that we might live.


The Jewish religion is one of the oldest in the world. It was the parent of Christianity. Yet so few of the Jews were willing to recognize the Messiah when He came because He was not the answer they wanted.

Here, in this time, I was raised in Christianity and understand how and why it had to be as it was - the suffering Messiah before the conquering Messiah. But if I was not raised to understand, I wonder how foreign and strange it would seem to me. Sometimes I try to think of the world and how I would perceive everything without this knowledge and then how I would react to someone telling me of the gospel. It has allowed me build a stronger testimony of its truth and I hope I would have had the strength of character to truly listen, consider, and accept it had I been there back then.

No comments:

Post a Comment