Wednesday, December 9, 2015

13: Words

Thou hast enlarged my steps under me; so that my feet did not slip.


Words

11/22/05

The words have gone, but deep inside I know I must write on.

Past pages speak
The dream held long within
Thoughts, hopes and fears
All spoken yet again
A future near yet out of sight
My heart longs to begin.

Soon I will tread
That hallowed path
Unknown what it will bring,
My path my own
Where I belong
To finally live my dream.

The peace inside
Holds still my heart
But this time, not in dread
This time I know
Instead of pain
My home still lays ahead.

The time long short
Draws to a close
Past strength spent and reborn
Yet here I am
To walk the path
Once entryway is shown.


It has become a recognizable pattern in my life that life and stress levels stay high enough for long enough that I fear I'll burn out until I'm terrified I'll somehow fail everything because I can't manage it all. I get to a point where I plead with Heavenly Father to make it stop so I don't fail and then He blesses me with strength to continue. Further down the road I wear out again and finally hit the point where I just don't have the energy to care anymore and I decide that I'll do what I can, but if everything falls apart, then so be it. And every time that happens, instead of falling apart, things finally start to fall together and it is suddenly not so hard anymore.

No comments:

Post a Comment